Lugano airport (LSZA/LUG), elevation 915 ft / 279 m, is located 2.5 NM / 4 km west of Lugano City.
Lugano Airport is a civil airport opened to:
- Airplanes and helicopters
- Private, commercial and scheduled traffic
- IFR and VFR flights
The aerodrome is located inside a CTR class D. The airspace is controlled by Skyguide during the following operating hours: usually from 06:00 Lt to 22:00Lt.
- MON - FRI: 0700-1100 (0600-1000) and 1230-1630 (1130-1530)
- SAT, SUN and HOL: 0730-1100 (0630-1000) and 1230-1700 (1130-1600)
Operations may be conducted under IFR, SVFR, or VFR where all flights are subject to ATC clearance and IFR traffics are procedurally controlled.
- There is one runway 01 / 19 oriented
- 1‘425 m x 30 m in asphalt and grooved
- PCN 40/F/B/W/T
- Two RESA of 30 meters at each runway end
- Runway 01 : 0.4% Upslope
- Runway 19 : 0.4% Downslope
- Hangar, major aircraft repairs
- AVGAS 100LL, JET A1
- Aircraft de-icing/anti-icing service available from 1st of November to 30th of April
- Airline Handling Agent: 131.430 MHz
- General Aviation Handling: 131.805 MHz
Lugano Airport provides the following rescue and firefighting services:
- Category 3
- Category 4 on request 3 HR before ETA/ETD
- Higher category can be guaranteed on requested 3 hours before ETA/ETD