The following regulations are defined to avoid excessive noise at and in the vicinity of Lugano airport:
- Operators unable to comply with these rules and procedures shall submit for approval to the airport authority those procedure they intend to apply.
- All aircraft types to be used regularly at Lugano airport will be subject to an individual noise qualification prior to receiving operating rights.
The following aircraft types are not admitted to operate at Lugano AP unless a special authorization has been issued by Lugano Airport Authority.
|Jet aeroplanes||Propeller aeroplanes|
|REF: GEN 4.1 - Appendix A, class I, II, III, IV||REF: GEN 4.1 - Appendix B, class A and the following aeroplanes of class B:
The request for a special authorization must be filed at least 24 hours before the intended arrival.
The Circling Foxtrot procedure to RWY 19 is the preferential one for noise abatement purposes. Ceiling and visibility permitting, maintain 3500 ft, instead of 3100 ft as per the circling minimum, until D3.2 NM from the Aerodrome Reference Point (ARP).
Arrange your descent to maintain clean configuration as long as possible, safety and ATC requirements considered.
Flights performing a visual approach to RWY 19 from a position South or East of the airport are requested, if conditions permit, to join the Circling Foxtrot pattern not later than the beginning of the base turn.
For deceleration it is recommended to use the entire runway length available; reverse thrust may be used only for safety or operational reasons.
Auxiliary Power Units (APU) shall be started at the earliest :
- 15 minutes prior to departure, at the earliest
- not more than 5 minutes after the aircraft has reached the parking stand position
- The use of APU for maintenance shall be restricted to a minimum duration
Do not start engines before the aircraft is ready to leave the parking position in order for safety reasons and also to minimize ground noises.Next chapter